One. Last. Zucchini. Recipe. Of 2020. Maybe.
Work from home has both benefits and drawbacks. The main benefit is not spending 3hrs per day on the commute and using this newly-acquired free time to stay physically and mentally healthy, cook more, and work from anywhere, including my partner’s house.
A few weeks ago, I spent a whole week living in Berkeley where I turned my partner’s kitchen into a home office. And when I finally came back home, I realized I had nothing in the fridge except for some dying zucchini.
These zucchini were really not looking that great, as you can imagine. I don’t like to waste food so I threw them on the grill and turned them into this delicious side.
Zucchini Baba Ganoush
- 3 medium or large zucchini
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp seasalt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat the grill on medium-low
- Place zucchini on the grill for 5–7 minutes, until they have some nice grill marks but aren’t starting to char completely. Flip and grill for another 5-7 minutes
- Remove the zucchini and let them cool for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine the lemon or lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and tahini in the food processor and pulse until chunky
Though I cannot pronounce the name of this natural Georgian red, it is the bomb! Try pairing it with this Zucchini beauty, or enjoy it on your own.