Quick Scallion Kimchee

Quick Scallion Kimchee (Kimchi)

No personal anecdotes to share this time. Just One Really Good Recipe, from One Good Dish.

You know that the cookbook is good when you frantically bookmark recipe after recipe until you cover most of the pages (or run out of post-it’s.) So, I am temporarily putting all of my other cookbooks on hold until I go through at least some of my bookmarks from One Good Dish.

Quick Scallion Kimchee was one of the first recipes I tried and it is definitely a keeper! This simple-to-make condiment compliments just about anything that is not granola, however, it feels most natural in the company of the following delicacies:

• Roasted teriyaki salmon
  • Grilled vegetables (inside a sandwich or on their own)
  • A bowl of cooked quinoa
  • A fish taco
  • An avocado toast
  • A breakfast omelette
  • Roasted potatoes, smoked salmon and creme fraiche
  • A Reuben sandwich

Quick Scallion Kimchee (Kimchi)

Quick Scallion Kimchee (Kimchi)

Adapted from One Good Dish

Ingredients

Directions

1. Trim the scallions and cut into 3-inch lengths. Put them in a glass or ceramic bowl, sprinkle with the salt, and let stand for 10 minutes.
  2. Mix together the garlic, sugar, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, sesame seeds, fish sauce, and rice vinegar. Add to the scallions and toss well to coat.
  3. Lay a plate over the bowl and leave in a warm place for 24 hours. Or, for a stronger-tasting kimchee, let ripen for up to 72 hours. It will keep for a month, refrigerated.

Wine Pairing

I balked at the very idea of finding a perfect alcohol pairing for this condiment. Then I began researching. I tried a couple of things on my own, like my most favorite brand of Sake. I also went to the local wine shop and asked for suggestions. And I googled my way around the internet as well. Through a number of tastings, I finally came across a stellar match – a spicy E. Guigal 2010 Châteauneuf-du-Pape.

Quick Scallion Kimchee (Kimchi)

If you want to try your hand at a more traditional Kimchi, go back to the recipe I posted a few months back, from the ever-so-popular  The Kimchi Cookbook.

Print Friendly

Related Post

{ 23 comments… add one }

• Klein February 13, 2014, 4:51 PM

I have made this same recipe with radishes. I like it a lot

• Lina February 13, 2014, 4:53 PM

I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog. A friend of mine sent me a link. I am definitely a fan now! I have already made Baked Oatmeal twice http://cuceesprouts.com/2011/06/baked-oatmeal/ I live in Poland and I cannot make all of your recipes but I will try to make as many as I can!

• Natalya Rogacho February 13, 2014, 10:11 PM

Очень-очень вкусно!!!

• Cucee March 25, 2014, 1:08 PM

Thanks, Natalya

• Cucee March 25, 2014, 1:09 PM

Lina, Baked Oatmeal is on the weekly rotation at my house as well :)

• Rebbeca October 18, 2015, 7:57 AM

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that.
    And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!

• Cucee October 20, 2015, 2:47 PM

How awesome! Thanks for sharing, Rebecca

• Beat the Boss 4 Hack December 18, 2015, 7:03 AM

If you are one among those who find it difficult to keep the games
    off your mind, you must make use of Facebook games hacks.
    Pune is providing well helped with apartments as well as the expense of the flats is fairly reduced.
    Rate of advancement coastline could be a web bliss looking inside the
    radar of any man or lady unequivocally playing framework touching battle fabricated trademark energies like the New Boom beach Hack.

• Storm of Knight Hack Game December 25, 2015, 3:50 AM

If the husband repeatedly cheats that calls for the look
    at the situation which will never recover. Controllers can go for anywhere from
    $30 to $seventy five depending on what is integrated. The keyboards on the
    song help create the eerie feel as Crumb delivers
    more vocal illusions the way only he can.

• Jennie December 27, 2015, 10:31 PM

SEO isn’t something that should just be thought about after
    the content is created-keyword study as well as search
    engine patterns could be utilized to motivate material (which,
    after it’s published, should succeed in internet search engine!).

• easy way to make money from home January 5, 2016, 1:54 PM

Greetings I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Yahoo for something
    else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks
    for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have book-marked
    it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a
    lot more, Please do keep up the superb b.

• Antwan January 11, 2016, 9:08 AM

The newest model of this hack V1.1.5 cpuld be downloaded instantly on your
    COMPUTER, then you can use the hack opun opening instantly.

• Sharyl January 15, 2016, 10:46 AM

On thiss site there is noo must download any information to your HDD, without riscs of downloading
    any viruses.

• DC unlocker tumblr January 19, 2016, 10:18 AM

Если вы не уверены, что правильно используете
    функцию, советуем.

• Allen January 19, 2016, 6:48 PM

Thanks in support of sharing such a pleasant opinion, piece of writing is nice, thats why i have read it fully

• Regina January 21, 2016, 11:05 PM

I believe that the interior tone you employ with your self in meditation ends up
    being the tone you deal with yourself with ffor the remaindeer of your day.

• boston sports chiropractic January 23, 2016, 11:18 AM

A little while after I finished I took a trip approximately Boston to visit my sis that has actually been staying in Burlington the
    past 15 years.

• Gertie January 26, 2016, 2:13 AM

With origins in the Victorian age, bodice training is
    the treatment of decreasing the location of your waistline.

• lanaform.net January 26, 2016, 12:15 PM

What’s up, I want to subscribe for this blog to get most up-to-date updates, thus where can i do it please assist.

• Foxboro John Deer January 31, 2016, 8:54 PM

You might have to pay a deposit to hire building tools from hardware shops, home improvement
    centers, or local contractors, however unless
    you do some form of damage to the tools, yyou may get it again.

• www.doma-kinozal.ru February 1, 2016, 8:57 PM

While I might have taken the word of advertisers and makers concerning the most efficient weight loss components, I really felt better conducting my
    own study.

• Bradley February 5, 2016, 9:22 AM

Shared internet hosting is a way for hosting firms to put numerous users on thee same server.

• www.otimizacaodesites.tv February 10, 2016, 9:37 AM

Com Adwords, você pode impulsionar lá página com qualquer conjectura com o propósito de resultado seja
    efetivo e ao preço de cobrança é realizada unicamente
    pela quantidade dentre acessos.